Italy: Sale of Christian chapel to a Muslim group will be blocked

“Centuries of history risk disappearing if Islamisation, which up until now has been underestimated, gains the upper hand.”

(Matteo Salvini)

 

They are fighting hard in Italy to save Western Civilization.  We just hope it isn’t too late.

From Reuters:

ROME (Reuters) – Italy’s far-right League party intervened on Sunday to block efforts by a Muslim association to turn a former hospital chapel into a mosque.

The Muslim group last week made the highest offer for the chapel in the northern city of Bergamo at an auction organized by a local hospital, outbidding the Romanian Orthodox Church which had been using the building for its religious services.

map Bergamo

But the project proved short-lived, with League leaders in the wealthy Lombardy region, which includes Bergamo, announcing they would halt the sale by using a 2004 law that enables them to intervene and safeguard cultural sites.

“I would never put a Church on sale and I am amazed that the hospital management did not realize what a sensitive issue this is,” Lombardy President Attilio Fontana, a League politician, wrote on Twitter.

“However, we will exercise our right of first refusal (for the sale) and there will be no space for any appeal,” he added.

Salvini grim
Italian Interior Minister Matteo Salvini

His decision means the region must now buy the property.

League leader Matteo Salvini warned earlier this year that Italian culture and society risked being eradicated by Islam. “Centuries of history risk disappearing if Islamisation, which up until now has been underestimated, gains the upper hand,” he said in a statement.

More here.

There is a discussion in the Reuters story about the demographic change in Italy.

The story suggests that the Muslim population is still relatively small, but we know that the size doesn’t have to grow that much before demands for religious accommodation begin.

Mosques become a place around which Muslim communities build (even if there aren’t many practicing Muslims in the area when the mosque is first opened).

See my ‘Invasion of Europe’ archive here.

Italy: three migrants arrested in teen’s death, fuels Salvini’s anti-immigrant message

Of course it does!

From the BBC:

Desirée Mariottini killing: Migrants held in Italy over girl’s death

 

desiree
Photo from Voice of Europe:   https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/10/two-illegal-migrants-arrested-for-being-involved-in-gang-rape-and-death-of-italian-teen-girl/

 

Three migrants from Senegal and Nigeria have been arrested by police investigating the rape and killing of a girl whose death has been seized upon by the populist right.

The body of Desirée Mariottini, 16, was found in a derelict building in an area of Rome known for drug trafficking. She had been drugged and gang raped.

Right-wing Interior Minister Matteo Salvini hailed the arrests, condemning those behind the murder as “worms”.

It would not go unpunished, he said.

Salvini grim
Salvini: No protection for migrants who are not legitimate refugees!

Mr Salvini, who leads the anti-immigration League party, has spearheaded measures aimed at scrapping protection for migrants not given refugee status, as well as stopping NGO ships carrying rescued migrants from landing in Italy.

Italian leftwingers who want more migration to Italy call Salvini “jackal.”

When he visited the scene of Ms Mariottini’s murder on Wednesday close to Rome’s main Termini station, he was given a mixed reception of cheers and insults. There were shouts of “jackal”, an insult used by critics who have accused him of taking political advantage of human tragedy.

Investigators believe the victim fell unconscious for several hours last week after being given a cocktail of drugs by several people, and died of an overdose. She was sexually abused before she died.

More here.

And, if it’s a long rainy day today where you live, you might want to take some time and scroll back through my ‘Invasion of Europe’ files here.

Italy: See why the Italians are so ticked-off

Invasion of Europe news…..

France has admitted that it ‘mistakenly’ dropped a couple of African migrants (supposedly minors) off into Italy.  See earlier story.

Since it is directly on the Mediterranean, Italy gets the brunt of the migrant invasion while France plays the phony welcoming holier-than-thou nation (along with Germany) in the EU.

 

Macron and Salvini angry
French President Macron says he is the main opponent of the European nationalists represented by Italy’s Matteo Salvini

 

The row between France and Italy continued yesterday in the wake of the latest border incident.

From The Express:

Matteo Salvini accuses France of forcing unaccompanied child migrants back to Italy

 

ITALY’S far-right Interior Minister Matteo Salvini has accused France of pushing two unaccompanied child migrants back into Italy, further straining relations with Paris.

Mr Salvini, the head of Italy’s ultra-conservative League party, said on Twitter: “France tried to send child migrants back to Italy: this happened on October 18, at 10.30pm, but we managed to block the procedure.”

[….]

Tensions between Rome and Paris have reached boiling point in recent months, with Italy’s populist government accusing France and other member states of failing to share the burden of the hundreds of thousands of migrants who have reached Italy by boat since 2013.

While French President Emmanuel Macron has denounced Italy’s anti-immigrant policies, positioning himself as the “main opponent” to Europe’s nationalists, Mr Salvini has accused him of encouraging illegal immigration and of turning a blind eye to Europe’s migration crisis.

[….]

The head of the Hautes-Alpes region admitted that its police had crossed the border, calling the incursion an honest mistake.

[….]

Mr Salvini, for his part, said on Saturday that extra police officers had been deployed to “control and guard” the shared border.

And, no wonder that Italy is turning back the migrant transport ships!

Thousands of migrants are caught each year trying to enter France and returned to the Italian border.

And, you wonder why Italy has budget problems?

France has sent back to Italy more than 45,000 migrants since January, according to the French interior ministry.

More here.

See my complete ‘Invasion of Europe’ file here.

German government dragging its feet on admitting migrants they promised to take

Invasion of Europe news…

And, German hypocrisy alert!

Well what do you know, Germany made a big show a few months back when it said it would take migrants from ships docked in Italy and Malta.  Those countries were not letting the wannabe Europeans disembark until other countries promised to take them.

Now we learn that 115 are still in Italy and Malta as Germany must thoroughly screen them!

 

Sea Watch
In a Mediterranean ship version of whack-a-mole, the German ‘Sea-Watch’ migrant transport ship will be back in business soon!

 

From Deutsche Welle:

Rescued migrants in limbo while waiting for resettlement in Germany

 

One hundred and fifteen migrants who were rescued in the Mediterranean Sea have been waiting for months in Italy and Malta for Germany to take them in as promised, the German government has said.

The migrants needed to undergo a medical examination, be registered and attend interviews before they could be transferred to Germany, according to a statement made in response to an enquiry by German parliamentarians of the Left party. They also required checking by German intelligence services before the German federal refugee agency BAMF could arrange a transfer, the statement added.

Salvini grim
What will Italy’s Salvini say? We will be watching!

It said some of the migrants were saved by two military ships on July 13 and taken to Sicily, and others rescued by the NGO ship Aquarius on August 10 and brought to Malta.

Italy and Malta allowed them to disembark only after other EU member states had promised to take them in.

Ulla Jelpke, a spokeswoman for the Left’s parliamentary party, commended Berlin for having pledged to take in the migrants, but called for quick action to fulfill the promise.

“There is no plausible reason for their entry to be put off because of bureaucratic measures,” she said.

Several other EU states have already received the migrants they pledged to take.

Meanwhile, they are baaaacck!

At least one NGO migrant transport ship will soon be back in business on the hunt for African migrants launching from the coast of North Africa.

In another related development, the German NGO Sea-Watch said on Saturday that its vessel Sea-Watch 3 would return to migrant rescue operations after Malta allowed it to sail to Spain for maintenance work, having impounded it for three months.

Sea-Watch accused Malta of having acted “without any legal basis” and said more than 500 people had drowned at sea while the ship was being “illegally detained.”

More here.

For posts extending as far back as ten years, see my ‘Invasion of Europe’ file, click here.

Italy’s Salvini calls France an “international disgrace” over border incident

Invasion of Europe news….

Italian Interior Minister says that last Friday French police drove across the Italian border and deposited two (believed to be African) migrants in a rural forested area.

The headline at the UK Express blares:

France is an ’international DISGRACE!’ Salvini furious over migrant dumping incident

 

ITALY’S right-wing Deputy Premier and Interior Minister Matteo Salvini branded France an “international disgrace” on Tuesday for having driven two migrants across its border and dumping them in Italy.

Salvini and Macron
French President Macron (left) and Italian Interior Minister Salvini are locked in an ideological battle for the future of Europe.

Mr Salvini rejected Paris’ apology for what it described as an honest “mistake,” prompting the French presidency to accuse him of deliberately “politicising” Friday’s incident.

An Elysée Palace spokesperson said: “We must put things into perspective. It was a mistake – the local prefecture admitted it had made a mistake.”

Italy asked France for “clarifications” after witnesses reported seeing a French police van cross the mountain border at Claviere, near the Italian ski resort of Sestriere, and officers making two men get out in a wooded area before driving back the short distance to France.

The men are suspected of being migrants of African origin.

Sestriere,_Piemonte,_Italia
Sestriere: Even if they hadn’t crossed the border why would they be dropping off two Africans in a rural area like this?

A French official said the police officers behind the incident were new to the area, adding that their decision to cross the border into Italy without seeking prior permission had been an “error”.

Mr Salvini dismissed the French explanation, saying that “abandoning immigrants in an Italian forest cannot be considered a mistake or an incident”.

Mr Salvini said in a Facebook post: “What happened in Claviere represents an unprecedented offence against our country.

“We are facing an international disgrace, and [French President Emmanuel] Macron cannot pretend nothing has happened.

“I wonder if international organisations, starting with the United Nations and the European Union, do not find it vomit-making to leave people in an isolated area, without any assistance.”

Who are they and where are they?

He added: “Paris must inform us IMMEDIATELY of the identities of the immigrants left in the woods. Names, surnames, nationalities, dates of birth.”

Continue reading here.

See my ‘Invasion of Europe’ archive by clicking here.