“Vermont Man” Lied About his Identity to Gain Refugee Status/US Citizenship

You guessed it, the headline calls him a Vermont man, but it could have more accurately said: ‘Somali refugee lied to gain admission to the US, gets slap on wrist!’

Fraud is rampant in UN refugee camps in Kenya as no less than NBC told us earlier this year. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/asylum-sale-refugees-say-some-u-n-workers-demand-bribes-n988351

 

Here is how the Lewiston Sun Journal titled its story I assume to make it sound as benign as possible (hat tip: Steven):

Vermont man gets two months and revoked citizenship for false claims

[What no deportation?—ed]

LEWISTON — A Vermont man with ties to Lewiston and Auburn was sentenced Wednesday for impersonating a Somali man.

Hussien Noor Hussien, 56, of Burlington, Vermont, appeared in U.S. District Court in Portland where a judge sentenced him to two months in prison for impersonating another in a naturalization proceeding, procuring naturalization contrary to law and making a false statement on a passport application, according to court records.

After he’s released from federal prison, Hussien will be on supervised release for three years, Judge George Z. Singal ordered.

Singal also ordered Hussien’s citizenship be revoked because he was naturalized illegally. [But I don’t see anything about deportation!—ed]

Hussien was convicted on the three charges after a three-day trial.

Hussien entered the United States in 2004 as a refugee under the name Abukar Hassan Abdule, along with the wife and children of the real Abukar Hassan Abdule. Three years later, Hussien obtained a driver’s license using that name. In 2011, Hussien applied for U.S. citizenship in Maine under that assumed name.

On his citizenship application and during a citizenship interview with federal officials, Hussien affirmed that his name was Abukar Hassan Abdule. He eventually was naturalized under that name.

Hussien applied for a U.S. passport in 2011 at a Lewiston post office under the assumed name using a Maine driver’s license as identification after he became a citizen. On his application, he listed the name of Abdule’s wife. In 2013, he renewed his U.S. passport under his real name. Also in 2013, he filed in a Vermont court to change his name legally from Abukar Noor Abdule to Hussien Noor Hussien.

But when Abukar Hassan Abdule’s children applied for passports, that triggered a fraud investigation.

“It was discovered that two individuals were using the Abukar Hassan Abdule identity,” according to a complaint filed by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in federal court.

Hussien’s likeness in passport applications “did not match the individual pictured in the identification documents … submitted with the minor children’s passports,” according to the complaint.

“The documents submitted with his minor children’s passport applications were (Adule’s) refugee identity cards from Kenya issued in 2010 and 2015,” according to the complaint. “All of Abdule’s consent forms for his minor children’s passport applications were executed in Kenya, where he appears to reside,” the complaint says.

There is more as the wife admits lies she told!

I thought I recognized this story and yes, I wrote about it in May of 2018, see that post in which I went into greater detail about the lies Somali ‘families’ tell to get into the US.

I wrapped that post with this:

Hussien (or whatever his name is!) is only the tip of the iceberg!

Looking for something to do?

Contact the White House (contact link here) and tell the President to find and vigorously prosecute refugee fraud then broadcast the punishment widely around the world in the hope of deterring the ever-growing epidemic of refugee fraud, bribery and corruption.

The Justice Department’s September 11th press release is here

See one of several posts on Somali refugee fraud at my other blog ‘Frauds and Crooks.’

Don’t miss this one about the fraud in United Nations camps in Kenya where most of our Somalis come from!

They got this liar, but how many more are out there—20,000 give or take another couple of thousand!

Supreme Court Decision Could Result in Higher Refugee Admissions to Begin in 18 Days

You are all aware now that the President is about to make a determination for how many refugees from Africa, Asia, and the Middle East will be admitted to the US in FY2020 which begins in less than three weeks.

The Open Borders Left wants 95,000!

There had been talk the President could put the number at zero!

And, you also might have seen the news that the President had a win in the Supreme Court that could limit the number of asylum seekers coming into the country illegally and then requesting asylum which means asking for refugee status.  (There is a backlog of hundreds of thousands yet to be processed!)

Yesterday we learned that USCIS Acting Director.Ken Cuccinelli linked the two and suggested that potentially fewer asylum seekers would allow for more third worlders from elsewhere to gain admission.

Oh joy! More “humanitarian space” said Cuccinelli!

But, heck, we won’t know for weeks or months if the Supreme Court decision will move the needle at all, but the refugees could be arriving beginning in 18 days. 

This is nuts!

I sure hope someone in the White House has already swatted down the asinine idea!

We will not be fooled by this slight of hand!

From Politico:

Cuccinelli: Supreme Court ruling may boost refugee admissions

Acting U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Director Ken Cuccinelli suggested Thursday that contemplated reductions in refugee admissions might be scaled back following a Supreme Court asylum ruling Wednesday evening.

In a major victory for President Donald Trump, the high court gave his administration permission Wednesday to implement a sweeping ban on asylum seekers who pass through another country en route to the U.S. The third-country asylum ban is expected to choke off claims by Central Americans and other migrants who transit through Mexico.

With a reduction in asylum cases, Cuccinelli suggested, resources might be redirected to processing refugee claims.Asylum applies to migrants who seek refuge at the border or inside the U.S.; refugee status is sought by applicants from their home countries.

Speaking to several reporters after an event hosted by Axios, Cuccinelli said the court’s ruling could become a factor in discussions over where to set the coming year’s refugee ceiling. Trump cut refugee levels down to the 30,000 in the current fiscal year, a steep decrease over the 110,000 proposed by former President Barack Obama*** before he left office. Trump administration officials have considered slashing admissions again in fiscal year 2020 — possibly even reducing levels to zero.

“It hasn’t necessarily been connected yet, but last night’s Supreme Court decision does affect the humanitarian space,” Cuccinelli said Thursday morning.

More here.

***I am so sick of the media reporting that Obama set the ceiling at 110,000 in his final year in office (in late 2016!) as a way of comparing his numbers in the most favorable light in contrast to Trump’s.

Obama never set a ceiling anywhere near that high in his previous 7 years and only came near that ceiling (aka cap) in a few of those years!

From the Refugee Processing Center:

I am so sick of the lazy lying media! Note the ceiling numbers for the last ten years. They cherry-picked the one year that Obama dared to set the ceiling higher than normal in order to show the President’s numbers in the worst light. See the actual admissions column too!

 

The decision must be made in the next few days, but definitely by the end of September. You must contact the White House and let the President know how you are feeling about all of this.

Are we going to simply get more Africans and Middle Easterners when the Central American flow might be curtailed? 

How about keeping the “humanitarian space” limited across the board for awhile!

Ho hum! Rainbow Nation Myth Implodes! More Xenophobic Attacks by South African Blacks

One of the reasons I am glad to be back with a functioning Refugee Resettlement Watch blog is that I can continue to post on some subjects that have long interested me and this is one:

Michelle Obama fawned over Nelson Mandela (the father of the Rainbow Nation) in 2011. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg also famously praised the nation of South Africa and its Socialist constitution.

South Africa, the “Rainbow Nation,” so celebrated by communists and the international Left, has been busy demonstrating the tribal nature of black South Africans—heck, they don’t like the whites in S. Africa, but they hate other Africans too!

(See dozens of previous posts on South Africa here.)

You can’t call it racism as South African blacks attack black African foreigners, so the word ‘xenophobia’ fits the bill!

The reports are so numerous this week that I couldn’t pick one to snip.

Black on Black violence erupts again in South Africa!

Here are some headlines:

From CNN:

Xenophobia has reared its ugly head again in the Rainbow Nation. African nations have had enough

From the New York Times:

South African Riots Over ‘Xenophobia’ Prompt Backlash Across

From Time magazine:

What the Xenophobic Violence Gripping South Africa Means for Future of Country

 

Just so you know, we are taking some of those ‘foreigners’ (the ones that South African blacks hate) as refugees to America!

Do you remember a year or so ago when there was much talk from the White House that we might take some South African white farmers (some have been attacked and killed by the blacks who want their farmland).

I checked the data just now and see that in the first ten months of this fiscal year we admitted 46 ‘refugees’ from South Africa.  When I checked another data base at the Refugee Processing Center I learned that we took ZERO South Africans.  Therefore those 46 had to be other migrants originally from other African countries that were being persecuted by black South Africans.

Bottomline, white South Africans in the ‘Rainbow Nation’ are not being protected by the UN and the US Refugee Admissions Program while black Africans are!

South Africa’s xenophobia is thus creating more refugees for taxpaying Americans to support!

Italy: three migrants arrested in teen’s death, fuels Salvini’s anti-immigrant message

Of course it does!

From the BBC:

Desirée Mariottini killing: Migrants held in Italy over girl’s death

 

desiree
Photo from Voice of Europe:   https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/10/two-illegal-migrants-arrested-for-being-involved-in-gang-rape-and-death-of-italian-teen-girl/

 

Three migrants from Senegal and Nigeria have been arrested by police investigating the rape and killing of a girl whose death has been seized upon by the populist right.

The body of Desirée Mariottini, 16, was found in a derelict building in an area of Rome known for drug trafficking. She had been drugged and gang raped.

Right-wing Interior Minister Matteo Salvini hailed the arrests, condemning those behind the murder as “worms”.

It would not go unpunished, he said.

Salvini grim
Salvini: No protection for migrants who are not legitimate refugees!

Mr Salvini, who leads the anti-immigration League party, has spearheaded measures aimed at scrapping protection for migrants not given refugee status, as well as stopping NGO ships carrying rescued migrants from landing in Italy.

Italian leftwingers who want more migration to Italy call Salvini “jackal.”

When he visited the scene of Ms Mariottini’s murder on Wednesday close to Rome’s main Termini station, he was given a mixed reception of cheers and insults. There were shouts of “jackal”, an insult used by critics who have accused him of taking political advantage of human tragedy.

Investigators believe the victim fell unconscious for several hours last week after being given a cocktail of drugs by several people, and died of an overdose. She was sexually abused before she died.

More here.

And, if it’s a long rainy day today where you live, you might want to take some time and scroll back through my ‘Invasion of Europe’ files here.

Malta takes another 44 migrants from ship Italy refused

But, there is something you, Americans, need to know about Malta.

Before giving Malta ‘high-fives’ for humanitarian zeal, consider this:

The European island nation has been sending its excess migrants to the US ever since the George W. Bush administration in what is a possibly illegal maneuver by our US State Department.

Malta is a safe European country and anyone who gets there seeking asylum is their problem, not ours!

The practice of sending a few hundred to Yourtown, USA has been going on for years. Although the numbers are down under President Donald Trump, we are still taking some.

First here is the latest from the European migration crisis.

From France 24:

Malta takes migants after Italy stand-off

 

VALLETTA (AFP) –
Migrants rescued at sea by a merchant vessel are being taken to Malta after two days in limbo following Italy’s refusal to accept them, the Maltese armed forces said Wednesday.

Malta ship
So where will this group of 44 Africans be resettled?

The Just Fitz III plucked 44 migrants from a rickety wooden boat late Monday after they ran into difficulty during the perilous crossing from North Africa.

The Marshall Islands-flagged vessel, which had been headed to Tunisia, was diverted to help the migrants as they floundered some 60 nautical miles south of the Italian island of Lampedusa, in Malta’s search and rescue zone.

Valletta said those rescued at sea should be taken to the nearest safe port, on Lampedusa.

But Italy’s new and hardline interior minister Matteo Salvini, the head of the far-right League, has vowed to stop migrant arrivals.

“Following the refusal of Italy to provide for the nearest place of safety, shelter and logistical support to the ship and in view of deteriorating weather conditions affecting the area,” Malta agreed to take the migrants, the army said.

An offshore patrol vessel picked up the migrants from the Just Fitz III and was expected to disembark them on Malta late Wednesday.

More here.

The Malta to US express!

Ambitious readers might want to have a look at my Malta archive, here, which I have been building for over ten years.

See here, that even in Trump’s first full year in office we are still bringing ‘refugees’ from the safe country of Malta.  We ‘welcomed’ 128 migrants from Malta in FY18.  We are not told where they were placed in the US.

And note that there were 93 cases for the 128 migrants which tells us they were mostly single people (probably single men)!

Migrants and asylum seekers who make their way to Europe are not our problem.

We have enough problems with fake asylum seekers coming to our borders.

Surely Malta isn’t going to step up and say we will take a few of those Hondurans off your hands!  Not in a million years!

If he knew this was happening, Trump could stop the Malta to Yourtown express with a phone call.

See my ‘Invasion of Europe’ file here.