Who do we complain to about a refugee issue?

That is a question we have been getting with more frequency.    So, here is the answer!

Eric P. Schwartz, the new, just sworn in, Assistant Secretary for Population, Refugees and Migration in the US State Department.   I first told you about his nomination here, and just this past week he was sworn in at the State Department, here.

If you want to tell him what you think about the program for any reason— refugees not being cared for by their federal contractor, too many refugees in your city/state, any criminal elements, news clips about unhappy refugees from your local papers, incompatible religious/cultural practices you see going on, health issues and so on and so forth—write to him.  You can be angry, but be polite!

Eric P. Schwartz

Assistant Secretary of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration

US Dept. of State

2201 C St. NW

Washington, DC 20520

AND DON’T FORGET!  Any letter you send to him should be copied to your Senators and Representative in Congress, with a question.  That is, you need to ask your elected officials to do something, answer a question for you, not just copy the letter otherwise they will ignore it.   Well, they might ignore it anyway, but you have a better shot at getting some action if you ask them to take action!

Spread the love

Leave a Reply