The Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society is one of the nine top federal resettlement contractors.*** Thanks to Joanne for spotting their published testimony to the US State Department last month. Daily readers know that the State Department has refused to make public any testimony they received.
The Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society’s statement is here. Check it out!
Pockets of Resistance!
The most interesting/amusing part, at least to us at RRW, is a segment of the testimony praising the State Department (PRM) and the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) for “responding” to the “anti-refugee resettlement backlash”
(I assume by responding they mean that those federal agencies shoveled more of your $$$ to contractors to write reports and hire the likes of ‘Welcoming America’ to help community organizers get your minds right about the growing crush of refugees resettled to your towns and cities).
Here is what they say:
They thank PRM and ORR for “responding to the anti-refugee resettlement backlash that has emerged to threaten the long-term viability of the US Refugee Admissions Program…”
Cool! They have written a whole report about “pockets of resistance.”
They go on to tout their own report written by Melanie Nezer and entitled, ‘Resettlement at Risk: Meeting Emerging Challenges to Refugee Resettlement in local communities’ (a report which I can’t wait to read!).
Other items of interest in the testimony include expressions of:
* Happiness that LGBTI’s are getting in to the US.
* Happiness about relaxed terror screening.
* Happiness about the fact that PRM reached its ceiling of 70,000 refugees admitted last year (they don’t always reach the CEILING).
*Unhappiness that we aren’t letting the Syrians in. They want 75,000 Syrians over five years.
*Unhappiness that we aren’t expanding family reunification to suit them.
*Unhappiness that not enough refugees from the Ukraine and Colombia have been let in yet.
There is other stuff too, have a look.
- Church World Service (CWS)
- Ethiopian Community Development Council (ECDC)
- Episcopal Migration Ministries (EMM)
- Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS)
- International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI)
- Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services (LIRS)
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB)
- World Relief Corporation (WR)