This is so good! So juicy! So funny!
The New York Post reported on Friday that President Barack Hussein Obama had taken on Rush Limbaugh in a meeting with GOP leaders and told them to distance themselves from Rush.
WASHINGTON — President Obama warned Republicans on Capitol Hill today that they need to quit listening to radio king Rush Limbaugh if they want to get along with Democrats and the new administration.
“You can’t just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done,” he told top GOP leaders, whom he had invited to the White House to discuss his nearly $1 trillion stimulus package.
Now that the far left, represented by the Obama Administration, no longer has George Bush to isolate and ridicule they have shifted their focus to Limbaugh, “the last man standing!”
However, Limbaugh shot back via Byron York at The Corner:
There are two things going on here. One prong of the Great Unifier’s plan is to isolate elected Republicans from their voters and supporters by making the argument about me and not about his plan. He is hoping that these Republicans will also publicly denounce me and thus marginalize me.
And, by the way, this is what that little lamb chop dinner at faux conservative George Will’s house was all about—Obama isolating the real enemy—Rush Limbaugh and his millions of non-elitist listeners. So much for how smart those inside the beltway pundits are, they didn’t even get it!
Judy sent me York’s Corner post last night and I’m still laughing! So, back to Rush’s conversation with Byron York, here is what Limbaugh wraps up with:
One more thing, Byron. Your publication and website have documented Obama’s ties to the teachings of Saul Alinksy while he was community organizing in Chicago. Here is Rule 13 of Alinksy’s Rules for Radicals:
“Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”
The jig is up! Limbaugh has got Obama’s number!
Now, here are some more things to remember from Alinsky’s Rule 13 from “Rules for Radicals:”
* In conflict tactics there are certain rules that the organizer should always regard as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and “frozen.”
* Obviously there is no point to tactics unless one has a target upon which to center the attacks. [Alinsky makes it very clear here, that for instance you can’t attack something broad like ‘conservatives’, one must focus the attacks on a person.]
* Let nothing get you off your target.
* It should be borne in mind that the target is always trying to shift responsibility to get out of being the target. [Good luck with that when you’ve taken on Limbaugh, he will relish being the target!]
* With this focus comes a polarization. As we have indicated before, all issues must be polarized if action is to follow. [He then discusses how the person, the target, must be the personification of evil. One cannot effectively defeat the other side if people believe that person has some good qualities.]
It goes on, I encourage you to read Alinsky yourself.
But, one last important point from Alinsky’s tactics chapter and I discussed it (here also) the other day when I wrote about “ridicule” (Rule #5). Alinsky says:
It should be remembered that you can threaten the enemy and get away with it. You can insult and annoy him, but the one thing that is unforgivable and that is certain to get him to react is to laugh at him. This causes irrational anger.
This is going to be so much fun! Obama has picked on the wrong guy! Limbaugh can take whatever comes at him with a laugh and throw it (ridicule!) back tenfold.
Tune in to Limbaugh Monday, I bet it will be a great show.
All my Alinskyisms can be found in our category ‘community destabilization’ here.