Dozens of Australia’s Rejected Asylum Seekers Arriving in the US Right NOW!

“It’s an absolutely brutal time to be arriving in America.”

(Ben Winsor, co-founder of Ads-Up a group that is helping them get settled)

 

A couple of those who arrived previously are infected with the Chinese virus and others have no jobs.  So it makes sense that more are coming?

Sure why not!  You can’t travel safely!  You may be jobless.  And, the virus is costing trillions of taxpayer dollars so what the heck, a few more mouths to feed shouldn’t matter, right!

From SBS:

Dozens of refugees flown from Australia and PNG to US despite coronavirus travel bans

Dozens of refugees who have spent years in Australia’s offshore processing regime have been flown to the United States for resettlement, despite COVID-19 travel restrictions.

Transfers from Papua New Guinea and Australian immigration detention centres under the US resettlement program are continuing as the US struggles to contain the pandemic that has killed more than 93,000 people there.

Thirty-five refugees departed Port Moresby on Thursday morning bound for the US via Singapore,and one refugee is due to fly to Finland, according to sources and documents obtained by SBS News.

A handful also departed Australia for the US this week, including several from the Kangaroo Point hotel being used as an “alternative place of detention” (APOD) in Brisbane and from community detention in Melbourne.

[….]

The men are due to arrive in Los Angeles and then be resettled in 18 cities across the US.

[….]

“It’s an absolutely brutal time to be arriving in America,” Ben Winsor, co-founder of Ads-Up, told SBS News.

Ben Winsor who is working to bring them to America. ttps://twitter.com/benbwinsor

“These guys are landing with barely more than the clothes on their backs and they’ll be looking for work alongside millions of recently unemployed Americans.

“Since COVID-19 hit, more than 100 refugees reached out to us for help, they’ve lost jobs and are struggling to pay rent and for basic supplies.

“Refugee resettlement agencies were already overstretched and providing only very basic support, now they’re at breaking point.”

Many of the refugees have underlying health conditions after years of detention and medical neglect on Manus Island and Nauru.

“Their condition puts them at higher risk from COVID-19,” Mr Winsor said.

“We are in daily contact with two refugees in Texas who have contracted COVID-19.”

[….]

In Senate estimates in March, the Home Affairs Department said 702 refugees had been resettled in the US under the agreement reached by then Australian prime minister Malcolm Turnbull and US president Barack Obama in 2016. [Trump called it a “dumb deal” but went along with it!—ed]

Under the deal, up to 1,250 refugees who were in offshore processing on Manus Island and Nauru could be resettled in the US at its discretion after clearing “extreme vetting” procedures.

The department said a further 260 were approved but had not yet departed, and some were transferred to Australia under the now-repealed medevac laws for medical treatment.

Our government is interviewing more of Australia’s illegal aliens who will soon be on the way!

More here. See that there is no Muslim ban!

A “deal” implies both sides offer something!

Yet, I haven’t heard one word recently about Australia’s part of that deal. They are supposed to take in refugees from Costa Rica and that begs the question, why are those refugees our problem?

In exchange for the US considering to resettle 1,250 refugees from Australia’s offshore camps, Australia has agreed to take refugees from US-run refugee camps in Costa Rica.

See my ever-expanding archive on the Australia dumb deal  by clicking here.

The whole thing is maddening!

I wonder how many Australians were planning dream vacations to America or conversely how many Americans had been planning to travel to Australia for work or pleasure and have been forced to cancel their plans, yet, these unhealthy young men who tried to break into Australia are flown to the US and resettled on your dime!

And, as we learned in the SBS story, no quarantine is required for them!

Australia’s Rejected ‘Refugees’ Still Arriving in the US

It is only 3, but their arrival tells us that all refugee resettlement to America has not stopped and that the Obama “dumb deal” to take Australia’s rejected asylum seekers who have been held in offshore detention for years is still on-going.

According to BuzzFeed reporter Hannah Ryan the three new arrivals went to Maryland, Tennessee and Pennsylvania.

The US, Struggling Under The Pressure Of The Coronavirus, Is Still Taking Refugees From Australia

Three refugees flew from immigration detention in Australia to start new lives in the United States this week, despite the coronavirus pandemic placing a chokehold on international resettlement.

Coming to a town near you! Trump called it a “dumb deal” but his Administration is carrying it out anyway.

The men, two from Sudan and one from Pakistan, jetted together from Melbourne through Qatar to the US, where they parted ways before reaching their final destinations of Tennessee, Maryland and Pennsylvania. The US took them under the refugee swap deal between the two countries.

The flights went ahead despite a global pause on refugee resettlements announced by the United Nations High Commission on Refugees in mid-March. The US also suspended its refugee program because of the coronavirus on March 19, with the exception of emergency cases.

The ongoing operation of the resettlement program in the US leaves refugees in Australia and its offshore detention camps who have been accepted under the program with an invidious choice: to stay in detention, where many have been for the past seven years, or start a new life in the US as it is ravaged by a deadly pandemic.

Read it all.

See my extensive archive on the Australia dumb deal by clicking here.

Australia Dumb Deal News: Over 600 of Australia’s Rejected Asylum Seekers are Now in the US

I haven’t seen much news lately about the “dumb deal” that Obama made to admit over a thousand asylum seekers that Australia had been holding for years in offshore detention camps, until this story from Saturday.

In 2017 news leaked about a phone call with Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull in which Trump called the refugee swap arrangement a “dumb deal.” Gee, don’t you wonder who leaked that call! https://refugeeresettlementwatch.org/2017/02/02/australia-deal-not-a-sure-thing-after-word-that-trump-yelled-at-australian-prime-minister/

Of course, even as President Trump described the deal as a “dumb” one, he went along with it supposedly with extreme vetting determining who we would admit and who we would reject.

This story from the Brisbane Times is mostly about how one Rohingya escaped the detention camp and ultimately made it to Canada where he was granted asylum.

There is a bit at the end updating readers on where the number being sent to your US towns and cities stands today.

‘Never heard of anything like this’: Advocates stunned by Manus escape

Toronto, Canada: Refugee advocates have described a Rohingya asylum seeker’s escape from Australia’s offshore processing centre on Manus Island, and successful resettlement in Canada, as unprecedented and extraordinary.

Jaivet Ealom, 27, has spoken publicly for the first time about his high-risk and secretive journey to freedom in a series of interviews with The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age in Canada.

[….]

Political activist who used social media to pressure the Australian government, Iranian Behrouz Boochani, has permission to come to America as a refugee.

The department said 699 refugees have been resettled in America under the deal with the US government while another 26 have been resettled in other countries.

In November, Iranian asylum seeker Behrouz Boochani, author of the award-winning No Friend But the Mountains, travelled from PNG to New Zealand for a literary festival and overstayed his visa.

He said he had been offered resettlement in the US but was also open to resettlement in a third country.

More here.

Feeling guilty, Australia expats set up support group for the mostly Muslim Australian-rejected asylum seekers as they arrive in America.

From Marie Claire:

Meet the Aussie Expats Fighting to Give Asylum Seekers A Fair Go

When entrepreneur and former fashion designer Fleur Wood heard that 1250 asylum seekers from Australia’s off-shore detention centres were being resettled in the US, she was struck with empathy.

Wood (in Chicago) with a Rohingya ‘refugee’ who had been held in detention by the Australian government after trying to illegally enter Australia by boat. He is now on his way to US citizenship. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-05/ads-up-co-founder-fleur-wood-with-rohingya-refugee-rahman-mojub/10775128

It was 2016 and the men, women and children who had spent years languishing on Nauru and Papua New Guinea’s Manus Island would now be transferred to a country on the other side of the world as part of a deal between the Australian government and the Obama administration. After so much uncertainty and despair, this was their chance to start over – but not without enormous challenges.

[….]

Wood began building a network of Australians living in the US who were keen to help out, and in 2018 she co-founded the not-for-profit Ads-Up (Aussie Diaspora Steps Up) with fellow Australian Ben Winsor.

Their aim was to do what the Australian government would not: provide a social network and financial assistance to help refugees begin their lives in a new country.

[….]

For volunteers, connecting with refugees provides a chance to make amends in some small way for Australia’s inhumane treatment of asylum seekers. Says Wood, “Regardless of where you stand on the immigration issue, or whether you think these people should be allowed into Australia, you can’t deny the incredible human rights violations that they have suffered.”

The Australian government doesn’t provide regular information about Nauru and Manus Island, but according to the Refugee Council of Australia, 632 people have been resettled in the US.

[….]

Last June, Minister for Home Affairs Peter Dutton said the target of resettling 1250 refugees wouldn’t be met, hindering the Coalition’s goal of closing down the detention centres. US President Donald Trump was also famously scathing of the deal.

More here.

But Trump went along with the deal for over 600 detainees (so far) that Australia would not allow on its own soil.  600 plus is just as “dumb” as 1,250 in my view.

The practice of taking another (safe) country’s rejects is outside the normal accepted international resettlement procedure and should never have been encouraged.

See my extensive archive on the ‘Australia dumb deal.

 

Former Aussie Prime Minister and Hungary’s Viktor Orban Openly Discuss the Great Replacement

Invasion of Europe news….

One of the reasons I’m glad to be back writing at the newly reconstructed RRW is because I’ve missed writing about some of my favorite players on the world stage—the ones who get it!

Former Aussie PM Tony Abbott and Hungarian PM Viktor Orban at a conference on migrants swarming Europe in Budapest last week.

The Guardian is sniffing about the audacity of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban holding a conference in which the discussion was about “migrants swarming Europe” in order to change it, to wipe out western civilization.

A key speaker at the event was former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott (see all of my previous posts on Abbott by clicking here.)

Here are a few snips from The Guardian:

Tony Abbott attacks migrants ‘swarming’ to Europe while praising far-right PM of Hungary

The former Australian prime minister Tony Abbott has praised the far-right prime minister of Hungary, Viktor Orbán, and warned a conference in Europe about “military age” male immigrants “swarming” the continent.

How to enrage the Leftists! Tell them the truth!  Meghan and Harry can make a statement about only having two children to save the planet. But, how about telling that to Africans and to Muslims who encourage their  people to have six or more children and aren’t going to stop procreating to save the planet when the goal is to conquer it! (I’m guessing British Imams are laughing their heads off!)

In a speech that praised the central European country’s race-based immigration and population policies, Abbott also criticised Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, for remarks that they would not have more than two children owing to the effects on the environment – saying it would make little difference “when so many children are being born elsewhere”.

The former leader of Australia, a staunch conservative who was ousted as prime minister by his centre-right Liberal party in 2015, was a guest of honour at a Hungarian government-backed summit on demography in Budapest on Thursday. He gave a lecture on what European countries could learn from Australian immigration policy.

He said the left was attempting to undermine western society with migration and the “climate cult”.

[….]

“The problem with the people who have been swarming across the borders in Europe in very recent times is that you don’t get any impression that they come to join. You get the impression they come to change.

I’d call this swarming, wouldn’t you?

“I mean … you get a million angry military-age males swarming into a single country in a year. They are not there to be grateful, they are there with a grievance. And people who come with a grievance are very different to people who come with gratitude in their hearts.

“There is an absolute moral world of difference between people who cross a border to be safe, and people who cross multiple borders to have a better life. No one can blame them for wanting a better life but nobody has a duty to give it to them unconditionally and with no questions asked.”

On Harry and Meghan, Abbott said: “Having fewer children in western countries will hardly make the climate better when so many children are being born elsewhere.”

There is much more here !

Let’s have a conference like this in America!

See dozens of posts on the ‘Invasion of Europe’ here at RRW.

Dozens of Australia’s rejected asylum seekers offered a ticket to the US, turned it down, see why…..

They heard they would have to work in America!

This is another in my ever-expanding archive about that Obama “dumb deal” (honored by President Trump) to take 1,250 of Australia’s detained illegal aliens to the US as refugees.

Readers need to know that this whole scheme is outside the normal internationally understood process for dealing with asylum seekers and economic migrants.  Simply put:

Australia’s illegal aliens are not our problem!

Do we expect Australia to take some of those crossing our borders illegally now—of course not.  It would never happen.

Several hundred of the mostly single Muslim men have already been quietly placed in your towns and cities.  See here.

 

nauru refugees 2
Prospective ‘New Americans’ were apprehended over five years ago attempting to break in to Australia. They have been in detention ever since.

 

Thanks to reader ‘Father Jon‘ for alerting us to this jaw-dropping bit of news.

From the UK Daily Mail:

A total of 71 asylum seekers on Nauru have turned down the chance to move to the US after discovering they would need to work and wouldn’t get free welfare.

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton claimed those who who rejected the move were not ‘genuine’ refugees.

Mr Dutton claimed their reluctance to take up the opportunity proved they were simply economic migrants trying to take advantage of generous welfare systems.

He told The Daily Telegraph: ‘People who have refused to take a place in the US are not genuine.

‘Millions of refugees have gone to the US and may have died trying because it’s one of the greatest countries in the world.

Reports have come back to people on Nauru it’s all a bit financially tight there because you have to get a job and there’s no welfare there.’

More here.

But, don’t anyone tell them that they do get welfare here as well!