Connecticut: Congolese Refugee Sentenced to 45 Years for Brutal Murder of Niece

Diversity is strength alert! NOT!

I don’t know how I could have missed this dreadful murder case!

The crime happened in 2018, but on Friday Richard Segabiro, a refugee from the Congo who has been in the US since 2005, was sentenced to spend what really amounts to the rest of his life behind bars being taken care of with your tax dollars.

Richard Segabiro raped and brutally “butchered” his niece.

Your tax dollars also paid to bring him here almost 15 years ago, and will likely now help support his family in Connecticut.  So much for robust screening and for the idea that refugees benefit America.

The sentencing, which happened on Friday, was delayed last month when it was revealed in court that the teen victim’s mother was still alive in the Congo which begs the question, how much investigating went on back in Africa before the whole bunch was admitted to the US?

Segabiro’s attorney had argued that he suffered from PTSD from his years in wartorn Congo.  (Mental health care needed for refugees, something rarely discussed!)

NBC New York:

Conn. Man Sentenced to 45 Years for Killing Teen Niece

Read it yourself.

Here is the story from last month about how the sentencing had been delayed. From the Connecticut Post:

Convicted killer’s sentencing halted after claim victim’s mother may be alive

 

BRIDGEPORT — A convicted killer facing nearly half a century behind bars got a sentencing stay Friday after the sudden announcement that the mother of the young murder victim, once believed dead, may in fact be alive and hiding in the jungles of Congo.

“I am very cautious that I should not go forward (with the sentencing) because of the possibility the mother is alive,” said Superior Court Judge Joan Alexander. “I would like the opportunity to give the mother a chance to make an impact statement.”

Francine Nyanzaninka was described by her school principal as a beloved school leader. http://connecticut.news12.com/story/37559296/principal-slain-bridgeport-teen-was-school-leader-athlete

Richard Segabiro is facing 45 years in prison for butchering his 15-year-old niece, Francine Nyanzaninka, with a multi-tool in the bathroom of their Fairfield Avenue apartment in February 2018.

Segabiro, his lawyer, Public Defender Joseph Bruckmann, and state prosecutors had all believed the girl’s mother had been killed along with the rest of her immediate family by Congolese rebels.

But as the sentencing hearing began, Segabiro’s wife suddenly stood up in the back of the courtroom and called out in her native Swahili that not only was the girl’s mother alive but she had spoken to her by telephone.

A Swahili interpreter told the judge Segabiro’s wife told him she had located Nyanzaninka’s mother, her sister, in the Congo and briefly spoke to her on the phone. She said the call was brief because of the isolated location but she intended to call her again to get her opinion about the sentencing.

They have been here for 15 years and still can’t speak English? CT taxpayers are paying for the interpreter!

Now here is what I missed in 2018.

Again, from the Connecticut Post:

Refugee pleads guilty to fatally stabbing niece

 

BRIDGEPORT — Standing on his porch, soaked in his teenaged niece’s blood, Richard Segabiro told police he stabbed the girl to death because he has Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome as a result of his escape from war-torn Congo.  [Sounds like he had his excuse ready!—ed]

But an autopsy showed the 15-year-old girl had been sexually assaulted by Segabiro.  [Was it the first time? Or, is it possible she finally stood up to him?—ed]

“The state would not be able to prove whether that occurred post mortem or prior to the murder,” Senior Assistant State’s Attorney David Applegate said in court Wednesday.

[….]

Segabiro had fled tribal violence in the Congo with his wife, three young children and his niece, Francine Nyanzanika in 2005, settling in a second-floor apartment on Fairfield Avenue here with the help of a refugee agency.   [The media never names the refugee agency, but here are eight listed in CTed]

Shortly after 11 p.m. on Feb. 19, 2018, 911 operators received a call from Segabiro that he had just killed someone.

Police said when they arrived at the home, they found Segabiro standing on the porch, covered in blood. They said he told them he had just killed his daughter because he had PTSD and believed she was trying to poison him.

Applegate said police found the girl lying in a pool of blood on the bathroom floor. He said she had killed by a sharp object and nearly decapitated.

By the way, these are apparently ‘Christian’ refugees so the next time you say we should bring only Christian refugees to the US, think about this case.

Shock! Not all Christians are good people!

What Was Secretary of State Pompeo Doing in Tennessee?

As you know Republican governors*** are turning against the President on the issue of refugee admissions and the President’s Executive Order that permits governors and county commissioners to say no thanks to refugee resettlement later in 2020.

‘Send us more poverty we have run out of poor people for the churches (and taxpayers!) to care for,’ said Tennessee Governor Bill Lee when he said his Christian faith led him to decide to reach out with open arms to the third world in order to move more poverty closer to home.

Or, was he persuaded for ‘foreign’ policy reasons to cave because of Little Kurdistan in his midst.

“Bill and Pompeo working on the refugee resettlement issues.”

 

Thanks to the ever-watchful dailyrollcall.com, a website in Nashville, we learned that Secretary of State Pompeo visited the governor (dubbed ‘Biblical Bill’) in October to “canoodle” about the refugee program.  That was only a few weeks after the release of the President’s EO.

Because Tennesseans are better organized to resist refugees and have maintained strong and vocal support for a state’s rights lawsuit the state filed against the federal government, citizens are alert and learned of Pompeo’s visit to the governor.

Is Secretary of State Pompeo undermining the Prez?

Frankly I smell a rat! Was Pompeo looking for a key governor (some might argue the most important governor because of the lawsuit) to lead other Republican governors to consent to refugee placement in their states?

Or, is it possible that Pompeo was out having additional chit-chats with governors that we don’t know about.

By the way, any Republican governor who jumps on the consent bandwagon this early is dumb, because according to the Funding rules that are the guidance for the President’s concept to allow governors to opt-in or opt-out, they have well into 2020 to decide because of the leeway granted by the loose language of the guidance.

The big lie!  

Could the Secretary of State be telling Lee and his ‘evangelicals’ that they will be admitting mostly the persecuted Christians of the Middle East to your towns and cities?

Does the President know what Pompeo is doing?

Because I’m sick of hearing that we need refugee resettlement to save Christians, I had a look at the numbers this morning.

If you thought the Trump State Department was saving Christians in the Middle East, you are wrong!

I checked the Refugee Processing Center data and learned this about the three major Middle Eastern Islamic countries from which we admit refugees.  I went back to Trump’s inauguration day to today, Christmas eve 2019, and learned this:

 

Afghanistan

We admitted 2,831 refugees.  2,714 of those are Muslims (96%)

In addition to the regular refugees we admitted 37,570 Special Immigrant Visas (get the same benefits as refugees) for those who supposedly helped us there since Trump came into office.  They would naturally all be Muslims, but there is no data on those (that I know of).

Iraq

We admitted 2,944 refugees. 1,891 of those are Muslims  (64%)

In addition we admitted 3,341 SIVs from Iraq.

Syria

We admitted 2,674 refugees. 2,549 are Muslims (95%)

If Gov. Lee thinks we are saving Syrian Christians, we are not!  And, I sure hope that Pompeo wasn’t telling him that we are!

And, by the way, there is a bipartisan effort in the Senate that includes Senator Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) to expand the SIV program to Syrians and Kurds (Muslims), see here.

Over the years, Blackburn has talked big about slowing the flow of refugees, so why has she now done a 180?

A story for another day!  At least the State Department is putting on a show of opposing it!

*** So far besides Lee, that we know of, REPUBLICAN governors of Utah, New Hampshire, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, West Virginia and Nebraska have abandoned Trump The official list of governors who have consented is here.  Clearly many governors have not gotten their consent letters into the State Department.

In Fiscal Year 2020 Texas Continues as the Number One Refugee Resettlement State in Nation

Have you taken 15 minutes to make your calls?

Just so you know—most of the country ‘welcomed’ some refugees in the first group of arrivals for FY2020.

Resettlement will continue as it always has until June 2020 when supposedly the Trump EO will be in effect.

As Open Borders Inc. continues on its quest to turn Texas blue, Texas is again numero uno in ‘welcoming’ Africans, Asians and Middle Eastern impoverished refugees to its towns and cities.

If (when!) the contractors convince Texas Governor Abbott to send a permission letter to the US State Department, the contractors will achieve a great victory.  So, I sure hope you Texans are working hard!

Have you taken 15 minutes to make your calls?

(See previous post  Kansas has thrown in the towel! Taxpayers will pay the price just so some meatpackers will get cheap labor!).

Below is where the US State Department and its nine contractors*** placed 1,488 refugees in the last month.

Nothing I can do about the tiny type. I told you all here how to use the Refugee Processing Center data.

The top ten ‘welcoming’ states have a few additions.  I haven’t seen Indiana or Minnesota in the top ten in recent times, and Kentucky is climbing up the ladder.

Texas, California, New York, Kentucky, Arizona, Washington, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota and Florida are the top ten in that order.

Here is the map where 1,488 refugees were placed between November 1 and December 1, 2019:

 

Below are the top sending countries (in parenthesis after each is the number of Muslims in the group).   Take note of the fact that we are only bringing in a tiny number of Middle Eastern Christians from Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria.

There is no Muslim ban.

DR Congo 509 (M: 17)  It is maddening when you consider that Obama said more than six years ago that we would limit our intake of DR Congolese to 50,000  and we are now at or near 60,000!

Burma 337 (M:37)

Moldova 94 (M: 0)

Afghanistan 91 (M:82)

Ukraine 78 (M: 0)

Iraq 50 (M: 35)

Syria 37 (M:32)  So much for saving the Syrian Christians!

Somalia 31 (M: 31)  Sixteen of these went to Minnesota over the last 4 weeks.

 

*** These are the nine federally funded contractors, all political Leftwing organizations, that at present are deciding where the UN-chosen refugees are being placed in America.

 

If you didn’t know, I have a category entitled, where to find information.  You might find it useful to follow some of my recent posts on the President’s Executive Order.

 

NBC: Pentagon vs. Stephen Miller on Refugee Admissions for FY2020

I’ve already reported that our US military wants to give tickets to America to more Iraqi and Afghan ‘refugees’ as rewards for helping us in those long wars—one more reason not to go to war in Islamic terrorist-producing countries.

And, I would like to know for how many years after we’ve ended a war are we responsible for moving their nationals to our towns and cities?

See the staggering numbers of Special Immigrant Visa holders we have admitted from Afghanistan and Iraq already!  Over 56,000 from Afghanistan and over 18,000 from Iraq!

Why doesn’t NBC report that information?

Here NBC characterizes this year’s battle over the annual presidential determination as one of Stephen Miller vs. America’s mighty military!

Pentagon is last holdout as Stephen Miller tries to slash number of refugees allowed in U.S.

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is fighting against proposals by White House officials to drastically cut the number of refugees allowed into the U.S., and has called for reserving visas for Iraqis who risked their lives working for U.S. troops, according to five people familiar with the plan.

Miller vs. the military

In internal discussions, the Defense Department has expressed opposition to any further reductions to the current annual ceiling of 30,000 for refugee admissions, which already is at a historic low for the 40-year-old U.S. refugee program, the sources told NBC News.

Defense officials also proposed setting aside about 6,000 slots specifically for Iraqi applicants who worked for U.S. troops as interpreters or in other jobs, according to one current U.S. official, one former U.S. official and three refugee advocates briefed on the deliberations.

The Pentagon has emerged as the lone voice in internal debates defending the traditional role of a refugee program overseen by the State Department, an unusual twist that reflects the administration’s aggressive stance on immigration and refugees.

The Pentagon’s stance is at odds with White House senior adviser Stephen Miller — the architect of the president’s sweeping crackdown on immigration — and his allies at the State Department and the Department of Homeland Security, who are all proposing deep cuts or even a halt to refugee admissions for the next fiscal year starting in October.

It is not likely to be zero as the White House floated here in July sending the refugee industrial complex into panic.

The White House, however, is weighing one option that would reduce overall refugee admissions — possibly lowering the cap to 15,000 or lower — while setting aside a certain number of openings for Iraqi applicants, similar to what the Pentagon has proposed, the sources said. [Someone must be blabbing to the media!—ed]

Keep reading and then see this:

Evangelical activist Tony Perkins, president of the conservative Family Research Council and a strong supporter of President Trump, said earlier this month he was “alarmed” that the administration was considering more dramatic reductions in refugee admissions.

In a letter in July, nine evangelical leaders appealed to the administration to back up its frequent public statements on religious freedom and helping persecuted Christians abroad by raising the cap on refugee admissions.

Of course, Perkins wants more Christians, but those the military wants are mostly Muslims!

Then here, without mentioning that World Relief is one of nine federally-funded (and UN approved) refugee contractors that can’t survive without a steady flow of your tax dollars to their coffers, NBC quotes them as a representative of concerned evangelicals in America.

“The drastic decline in the number of refugees we are resettling in the U.S. is really troubling and it goes against everything that we believe about what our faith teaches us,” said Jenny Yang, vice president for advocacy and policy at World Relief, an evangelical organization that helps resettle refugees in the United States.

“It’s extremely concerning that the administration is not heeding the views of a lot of evangelicals.”

More here.

Just a reminder, FY2020 begins in ten days, on October first.

First FY19 refugees arrive, mostly Africans distributed to 12 states

Update October 11th:  35 more came since yesterday. 21 of those were from the DR Congo. Total 108 refugees since October 1.

We told you yesterday that President Trump signed the Memorandum (the Presidential Determination) capping refugee admissions for FY19 which began on October 1 at 30,000.

A total of 73 were admitted yesterday in the first group.

DR Congolese refugees truck
In 2013, the UN asked Obama’s State Department to take 50,000 from the DR Congo over five years. More than 45,000 have arrived so far.  The Trump State Department is continuing their resettlement to American towns and cities.

The vast majority (57) are from the DR Congo.

As we previously reported President Trump’s State Department is prioritizing Africans.

I reported here in 2013 that Obama told the UN we would take 50,000 from the DR Congo over five years.  We have surpassed 45,000 so far and I will keep you posted about when we go over the 50,000 Obama promised.

I have said repeatedly on these pages that we must get the UN out of the business of choosing our refugees.  If we are going to take refugees, let’s choose them ourselves!

We aren’t going to solve Africa’s overpopulation and poverty problems by siphoning off ten thousand (or more) each year.

There are 14 from Afghanistan and two Syrians in this first wave.  Nine of the total 73 are Muslims, the remainder are various Christian sects with six from Afghanistan claiming no religion. The two Syrians being placed in Michigan are Muslims.

Below is a map from Wrapsnet showing the states that are ‘welcoming’ refugees in the first ten days of this fiscal year.

Ohio received the most with 16. The top five states were Ohio, Arizona, Vermont, California and Georgia.

 

Screenshot (728)

 

Screenshot (729)