This plan by a local Catholic group is NOT a plan to accommodate “illegal aliens!” (See Gateway Pundit here)
Jim Hoft in a post entitled: Update: Officials Discuss Housing Syrian & Iraqi Refugees in South St. Louis.
“A local St. Louis Catholic church closed it’s school last year and now wants to use it to house illegal aliens.”
(hat tip: Julia)
Iraqis and Syrians are/will be LEGAL immigrants.
This is all legal and has been going on for over three decades. I can’t recreate all of Refugee Resettlement Watch for Gateway Pundit, so someone please tell some of the big conservative bloggers that it’s time they paid attention to LEGAL immigration especially as this is all being paid for out of the federal treasury!
It is not charitable Catholics passing the collection plate! Catholic groups are federal contractors!
Iraqis are the largest group of refugees we are bringing to the US this year and in fiscal year 2015 (which begins in 4 weeks), Syrians will be pouring into your cities! 16,159 Iraqis have been brought to the US in the first ten months of this fiscal year. A large percentage of them have been resettled by the US Conference of Catholic Bishops (as the largest contractor) and its subcontractors.
The feds and their refugee contractors*** are scouting out new locations as we speak.
*** The federal migrant resettlement contractors which we have followed for years (Grant recipient big dogs (devouring federal cash) Baptist Child and Family Services and Southwest Key Programs are new on the scene in recent years.):
- Church World Service (CWS)
- Ethiopian Community Development Council (ECDC) (secular)
- Episcopal Migration Ministries (EMM)
- Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS)
- International Rescue Committee (IRC) (secular)
- US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI) (secular)
- Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services (LIRS)
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB)
- World Relief Corporation (WR)