Demonstrating once again that these so-called Christian religious charities care more about illegal aliens and third world refugees than they do about America’s poor, sick, homeless and unemployed….
They are federal refugee contractors who have worked hard to elect Biden/Harris as part of the ‘religious’ Socialist Left and are cheering Biden’s plan to push for a blanket amnesty for those in the country illegally and to increase the ceiling for the admission of refugees to 125,000 in this fiscal year (FY2021 is underway).
See the story at the Christian Post:
Christian immigration advocacy groups praise Biden’s plans as ‘glimpse of hope’
Several faith-based immigration advocacy and humanitarian organizations [they are federal refugee contractors, see list below—ed] have voiced support for the immigration proposal President Joe Biden sent to Congress on his first day in office Wednesday and the immigration-related executive orders he signed.
However, some conservatives have voiced opposition to the legislative proposal, saying that it opens the door to “mass amnesty.”
World Relief also called on Biden to raise the annual U.S. refugee resettlement ceiling that was drastically reduced during the Trump years. In November, Biden vowed to raise the ceiling to 125,000 refugees that can be resettled in the U.S. during the fiscal year. Under Trump, the ceiling was set at 15,000 for the fiscal year 2021.
One of those cheering Biden is the often-arrested CEO of Church World Service.*** See here.
The Rev. John L. McCullough, president and CEO of Church World Service, another refugee resettlement agency, said in a statement that Wednesday marked the “new beginning for compassionate policy.”
“It is now the duty of Congress to pass this bill and deliver it to President Biden’s desk for his signature,” McCullough said.
Republican Senators Grassley and Cruz responded to the idea of a blanket amnesty and believe it is not their duty at all!
Among opponents is Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, who formerly chaired the Senate Judiciary Committee. He believes Biden’s immigration proposal is tantamount to “mass amnesty.” In a statement shared by Roll Call, Grassley said the bill is “far more radical” than past failed congressional efforts for immigration reform.
In addition to Grassley, other conservatives in the Senate have spoken out against Biden’s proposals. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas argued that the proposal puts the interests of people in the U.S. illegally before those of American workers.
“It is deeply troubling that most of Joe Biden’s first acts as president were to protect illegal immigrants and encourage illegal immigration at the expense of American jobs and workers,”Cruz stated.
By the way, to raise the refugee ceiling to 125,000 does not require Congressional approval, but Biden through his State Department is required to (merely) consult the House and Senate Judiciary Committees.
*** Is your church one of these?
McCullough and CWS say they represent the following “communions.”
And, know this, if your church does a “Crop Walk” you are funding the politically Leftwing activist group Church World Service!
- African Methodist Episcopal Church
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Alliance of Baptists
- American Baptist Churches USA
- Armenian Church of America (including Diocese of California)
- Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
- Church of the Brethren
- Community of Christ
- The Coptic Orthodox Church in North America
- Ecumenical Catholic Communion
- The Episcopal Church
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Friends United Meeting
- Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
- Hungarian Reformed Church in America
- International Council of Community Churches
- Korean Presbyterian Church in America
- Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church
- Mar Thoma Church
- Moravian Church in America
- National Baptist Convention of America
- National Baptist Convention, U.S.A., Inc.
- National Missionary Baptist Convention of America
- Orthodox Church in America
- Patriarchal Parishes of the Russian Orthodox Church in the U.S.A.
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
- Polish National Catholic Church of America
- Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Progressive National Baptist Convention, Inc.
- Reformed Church in America
- Serbian Orthodox Church in the U.S.A. and Canada
- The Swedenborgian Church
- Syrian Orthodox Church of Antioch
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church in America
- United Church of Christ
- The United Methodist Church
For New Readers these are the nine federal refugee contractors who have worked to put Biden and Harris in the White House.
They are largely paid by you, the taxpayer, for their work of changing America by changing the people and are putting Americans last!