The President listened to our concerns about having no say in where refugees are placed. If you are fuming over the impeachment process (which you can do nothing about) then support him by doing this one little thing—take 15 minutes and make some calls!
(Visit my category, Where to find information, if this is the first time you are hearing this news. I’ve been writing non-stop for days on this important opportunity Trump has made available.)
If you are contacting elected officials please send me feedback at email@example.com
Here are a few of the arguments your elected officials (who want more refugees) will make:
- Trump isn’t bringing very many so the numbers are tiny. Yes, they are smaller than they have been in the past, but wait till Trump is no longer in the White House and watch the numbers explode!
- The federal government pays for the program. No it doesn’t. It has long ago stopped reimbursing states for myriad costs. Who do you think is paying for Medicare, education for the children and even translation services at every institution that interfaces with the refugees? Not to mention the cost of the criminal justice system in your county and state.
- Non-profit groups and churches are taking care of them. Only for the first three months and they are paid by the federal government (you again!) to do their ‘humanitarian’ work. Their CEOs are pulling in obscene six figure salaries for their ‘charitable good works’.
- Big companies like meat packers need the ready supply of labor—jobs Americans won’t do. Maybe that is because these giant globalist corporations aren’t paying decent wages. (Refugees receive welfare to make up for meager wages.) Why should your town suffer cultural destabilization and social upheaval to help the likes of BIG MEAT?
- Our community is lacking in diversity and everyone knows that diversity brings strength. There is no research to support that favorite talking point of Open Borders, Inc. In fact there is some research that refutes that mumbo-jumbo.
- But we are a compassionate people. Yes, and so how is it demonstrating compassion to move poor people from their own cultures, dropping them off in places like Chicago so they can get menial jobs, an act of compassion? Why not keep them safe in their own region of the world until they can go home?
- We are a nation of immigrants. That is another of Open Borders activists favorite talking points. Do you know that we actually stopped most immigration to America for 3 decades leading up to 1965? Why? Because so many were coming that we needed a breather to give them a chance to assimilate. So taking a break is not unprecedented.
- Refugees are screened and therefore they don’t commit crimes or commit acts of terrorism. Yes, they do and I have literally hundreds of posts archived here confirming they do. And, use your head, how do you screen someone who has left some hellhole country with no government and is wandering around the world with no papers? We aren’t stupid! Tell your elected officials, the US is not capable of calling up some little village in Syria, for example, to see if Mohammed has a criminal record.
- Ask all pro-refugee elected officials if they have any limit to the number they want for your town/city/county/state. Is 100 a year a good number? 500? 1000? 10,000? Pin them down, make them tell you if they have a number that would be just too many for your community or state to absorb.
- And, ask your elected official if they have in any way taken the pulse of your town/city/county or are they just listening to the political activists at the local Interfaith group.
- When they call you names—racist, xenophobic, Islamophobic, or whatever—know that they haven’t any good arguments and have resorted to attacking you personally. Wear the attack as a badge of honor!